Pier-George Zanoni, PE, CIH
Facility Engineering Licensed Specialist
LARA, Bureau of Community and Health Systems
Health Facilities Engineering Section
Pier-George Zanoni, PE, CIH has been a plan reviewer/ surveyor for the Health Facilities Engineering Section for the past 19 years. He is a registered engineer and Certified Industrial Hygienist. Pier-George received his Bachelor of Science in Engineering from Michigan State University in 1978.
Pier-George Zanoni also worked for the Michigan Health and Hospital Association for over twenty years, with ten of those years managing their Occupational Health & Environmental Safety department. In this capacity, Pier-George provided training & consultation on numerous health, safety, and environmental issues as well as health care codes & standards compliance.
Code updates from the State of Michigan from the Bureau of Community and Health Systems and frequent Code questions answered from the Health Facilities Engineering Division (HFES). Attendees will learn specifics of latest changes in the Health Facilities codes adopted in Michigan including items such as proposed changes to the FGI Guidelines.
- Building Code cycle updates
- HFES Plan review FAQs
- FGI Guidelines recent 2022 changes and future 2026 edition
- Update on state and federal regulatory changes related to health care facilities
- ASHRAE 188 vs proposed ASHRAE 514p water management
- The new ICRA 2.0
- Common issues
- Barrier free
- Dead ends & backflow prevention
- Ventilation air flows, temperature & humidity
- Some hot fire safety issues
Lunch / Meeting sponsored by SMSHE.
There is NO CHARGE to attend if you’re a SMSHE Member!